There are a lot of ways to lace up your new corset. We will offer you some of them and explain corns and prons of each. Our guide will help even complete beginners and it will take just some time for you to decide how you want to lace up your corset ribbon. There is way that is more comfortable for tightening corset by yourself or ways that are suitable if you can apply for somebody’s help. There is a special hard corset tape including with each of our corsets. But you may buy another tape if you wish to have satin tape the same color of your corset. Just remember that thin satin tapes that are sold in every fabric shop can be used for tightening your corset only once or twice and will be suitable if you wear it on occasion or wedding. Our lacing corset tape is much firm and was designed specially to provide real tightening of corset. Please remember that you need only one long liece of ribbon for lacing corset, don’t cut it on two pieces.
Ways to lace your corset
First way for lacing that is suitable for people who wants to tighten their corset by themselves.
- put your corset in front of you at the table. Upper part (where labels are) above and bottom (where some corsets may have special loops for stockings suspenders) below.
- find the middle of your lacing cord.
- start lacing corset from above, leaving nearly 2-3 inches between two parts of corset leaving the middle of lacing cord between top holes.
- begin lacing downwards, alternating sides and holes until you reach the waist line (usually it has waist tape in the inner side).
- at this point create a large loop by lacing out and then back into the same side. You will likely end up with a couple of feet of lace on each side. Continue lacing until you reach the bottom of the corset.
- at the end there are two options that you may choose – to tie two ends of cord together or to make two knots at each of the ends.
- when you start to tighten corset on yourself pull loops to the sides with both your hands, it will toghten your corset. Than tie a bow when you finish tightening.
Such way of lacing will look like this on real corset.
Second way of lacing is more complicated to be tightened by yourself and is recommended if you have somebody to help you but it will look beautiful and nice.
Start to lace corset the same way as in first type but continue to make crosses inside and outside.